Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaf Blower engine seized

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 15:43:44 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 6:20:18 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 10/18/2020 08:32 AM, J wrote:
It was at about this point that it dawned on me what I had done (not too quick on the uptake). My question is, is it junk at this point and should I list this in the column of lessons learned the hard way, or since it will rotate and slightly catch at one place, is there a way to lubricate the engine and get it going again (and fill it with the proper mixture of gas/oil this time)?

If the plug and gas flow look okay it might be salvageable by lightly
honing the cylinder and replacing the rings. Depends on what the piston
and cylinder look like.

With 2 stroke dirt bikes it's easier to replace the whole mess but I
don't think that would be cost effective for a leaf blower.

Why not? A leaf blower costs a lot less than a dirt bike, stupid.

I think he was talking about swapping the engine.

I bet that if this thing has any compression at all it will come back.
Put some 2 stroke oil in the plug hole. Pour an ounce or so in the
carb hole and pull it over until gas oil mix is well distributed. Then
put the plug back, open the throttle and pull it until it starts.