Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Leaf Blower engine seized

On 10/18/2020 08:32 AM, J wrote:
It was at about this point that it dawned on me what I had done (not too quick on the uptake). My question is, is it junk at this point and should I list this in the column of lessons learned the hard way, or since it will rotate and slightly catch at one place, is there a way to lubricate the engine and get it going again (and fill it with the proper mixture of gas/oil this time)?

If the plug and gas flow look okay it might be salvageable by lightly
honing the cylinder and replacing the rings. Depends on what the piston
and cylinder look like.

With 2 stroke dirt bikes it's easier to replace the whole mess but I
don't think that would be cost effective for a leaf blower.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/hi...90_120692.html