Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Moe about MintMobile

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:59:56 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
says...

As a community service, I wanted to let even the people on home.repair
know more about MintMobile. And of course I'm also posting to
comp.mobile.android, where I've learned a lot about cellphones.

1) MintMobile doesn't have monthly billing. They have 3 months, 6
months, and yearly, and it's a cheaper the longer in advance you pay, a
lot more than the amount you lose on interest in the bank, even when
interest rates were higher.

A year or so ago Trader-4 put me on to the Mint Mobile. Sofar it has
worked fine for my usage. I seldom use any data so the least expensive
plan worked for me. By putting in a code he gave me, he got some 'phone
money' back and I got some for the renewal. I think I may have hit 20
% of my data one month. With certain phones it will do wifi call and
data from what I understand. I just do not do that much with a phone.
I do pay by the year mainly to not have to fool with billing as it is
not that much. As pointed out, there is almost no way to come out
leaving that money in the bank for interist.

Mint Mobile seems pretty good !

" Mint Mobile is a cell phone service provider in the United States
but offers no service to the Canadian market. The brand is famously
known to be owned and promoted by Vancouverite Ryan Reynolds. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfpUM5Wrh2A

My retirement phone plan hasn't changed in 10 years - nor my usage.
I only replaced the original Nokia flip-phone last year ! :-)
I pay $ 100. per year Canadian for pay-as-you-go
with zero data. The unused balance carries over, provided it's
renewed before the time period has elapsed.
I think I have a balance of ~ $ 300. or so.
This non-plan would be ridiculous for most people -
- but perfect for me.
John T.