Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default mechanism to change height of a work bench

On 10/17/2020 9:00 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/15/2020 6:09 PM, Three Jeeps wrote:
I built a work bench years ago (~5' wide, 30" deep).Â* Basic 2x4
framing and 3/4" plywood desk top with ESD shelf on top of that, + 3-4
shelves above desktop for equipment location.
One thing I wanted was a mechanism to raise/lower the entire desk,
from say 28" to maybe 36".
I looked at some hydraulic mechanisms that would do the job, but crazy
expensive.
Any one have pointers to more cost effective resources? Pointers
appreciated.
TIA
john

https://www.google.com/search?client...le+work+benmch

If those solutions are no help, how about 4 wheels, 4 channel iron
ramps, and a pry bar or block and tackle to roll it up the ramps.