Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Choosing a pod coffee machine?

On Saturday, 17 October 2020 21:12:45 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 15:53:12 +0100, newshound
wrote:

snip

Beans to cup, for me, every time.

OOI, can you remember when you first got a taste for coffee?

I though the British were renown for the love of tea and tea drinking
and only 'the foreigners' (especially the Yanks and Italians?) drunk
coffee? ;-)

I can't remember having coffee at home (although we probably did) but
neither my parents, the In-laws or we have ever had any specific
coffee making paraphernalia, outside a jar of instant and a spoon
(AFAIK/CR). ;-)

We have been given the chemistry set stuff when round other peoples
houses but would generally ask for instant if the alternative meant
waiting for them to get it all going. Same in a cafe.

So I still 'enjoy' a mug of tea and will 'have' a cup of coffee for a
change (and it's 'ok').

The guy next door loves his coffee (one of those who seems to need it
to function) as I'm reminded, every time I notice the back between our
houses flooded and I clear his drain out. ;-(

That's put me in the mood for a mug of tea and one of my home made
vegan rock cakes. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

I certainly remember us getting ground coffee delivered from a company in Portsmouth - to Berlin. Back in the very early 1960s. We had some sort of percolator with a glass "dome".