Posted to alt.home.repair
yudaman yudaman is offline

Default Replace gasket on Carrier 58PAV furnace draft inducer with...?

The bearings are cheap but a bitch to get to. You have to not only disassemble the ECM motor but you have to unsolder the control from the motor. It can be done but I would not recommend it for the amateur homeowner. On the other hand, unless it's cold outside and you need heat, what do you have to lose by trying to replace it? Worst case is you buy a used one on ebay but that could take many days to arrive.

Here are some videos I've created on this very subject:

https://youtu.be/QOpQyHoOhBE

https://youtu.be/TPCAgHj_0kU