Posted to alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default Percentage of Americans owning guns

On 10/17/2020 2:50 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 18:01:05 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 13:46:26 -0700, Bob F wrote:

Source 2018 FBI UCR
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

Then look at the numbers for mass murders. 1 person killing dozens
doesn't happen often with fists or knives.

It is also an insignificant number of the murders but I suppose if you
are a racist, you would point out these are white kids so they matter.

it's only insignificant if you are not the one getting murdered.

The chance of anyone being murdered who is not living in the ghetto is
pretty insignificant and if you are murdered in Leave it to Beaver
land, it is probably someone you live with doing it.

These "active shooter" things average down around the number of people
hit by lightning. (27 a year killed and 243 injured in an average
year)
source National weather service
https://www.weather.gov/safety/lightning-odds

In fact in spite of the assault rifle hype, most people killed by
rifles are not killed by an assault rifle since it is usually a
hunting accident where magazine capacity is typically limited to 4+1.
The rifle is as likely to be a bolt action as an SA.

Banning ARs is not going to do much to the murder rate.

It's not about the murder rate , it's about the ease of subjugation
.... personally I'd be more afraid of a hillbilly with his favorite squrl
rafle .
--
Snag