Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mechanism to change height of a work bench

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 09:00:26 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 10/15/2020 6:09 PM, Three Jeeps wrote:
I built a work bench years ago (~5' wide, 30" deep). Basic 2x4 framing and 3/4" plywood desk top with ESD shelf on top of that, + 3-4 shelves above desktop for equipment location.
One thing I wanted was a mechanism to raise/lower the entire desk, from say 28" to maybe 36".
I looked at some hydraulic mechanisms that would do the job, but crazy expensive.
Any one have pointers to more cost effective resources? Pointers appreciated.
TIA
john

https://www.google.com/search?client...le+work+benmch

"Mike"s trailer jack idea looks OK but you are probably $200-300 in
parts