Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Plastic lugs on kitchen appliances

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 15:44:08 -0000 (UTC), The Nomad
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 15:35:44 -0300, Nick Odell
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 11:07:44 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

On 17/10/2020 00:01, wrote:
On Monday, 12 October 2020 16:21:50 UTC+1, Nick Odell wrote:

Last night EQDSO broke yet another set of earphones and today I will
mostly be putting them back together again. (I keep a small stock of
replacement bits for this purpose.) But you helped me put it into
perspective. If the worst thing I have to complain about is
repetitive headphone destruction then I am a pretty lucky chap.

Get some 1920s headphones and no-one'll ever break them again.

Where will you get a crystal set to use them with?

I reckon I could probably McGuyver one with what I have around me if
ICBA.

There's a bit of quartz in a tin of old stones collected from the beach;
aluminium baking foil and some glass photographic slides; lots of odd
bits of wire I could un-strand and coil around a nail and a loooong run
of cable already going to the roof.

Mind you, my first crystal set had the luxury of a germanium diode so I
have never actually faffed around with a cat's whisker.

Nick

Nick

Think you might be betterer with Galena rather than quartz

Yebbut, McGuyver never had the luxury of picking what articles he had
to hand as the water was rising in the cave, etc.(1) And all I have
right now is quartz.(2)

Nick
(1)Though I suspect the scriptwriters probably weighed the objects in
his favour.
(2)Not to worry: I can mix in a little CGI and nobody will know the
difference.