Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Choosing a pod coffee machine?

On 14/10/2020 10:11, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 08:08:26 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Andrew wrote:

Graham. wrote:

John Towill wrote:

I can't see the point of pods unless you run a car showroom.

Buy a matching grinder.

+1

PLus another! They are so expensive and environmentally wasteful.

A relative bought me a Dolce-Gusto machine, I found I needed several
pods per drink and the range at the time was pretty limited (a glance at
their website shows they have now increased the varieties including some
Starbucks branded ones). I didn't throw it out until she died ...

That just highlights the downsides (on top of the environmental ones) of
pod machines. You are at the mercy of manufacturers to make the pods, and
even then you're limited to what you like from an already artificially
narrow range.

Doesn't really compare to a decent B2C machine that will take the
universal coffee "bean" system.

+1