Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Plastic lugs on kitchen appliances

On 17/10/2020 00:01, wrote:
On Monday, 12 October 2020 16:21:50 UTC+1, Nick Odell wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:35:33 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 12/10/2020 09:15, AnthonyL wrote:
Typically for small mixers and choppers the "bowl", usually clear
plastic, has three lugs which are rotated into plastic/rubber
recesses on the body. Obviously the fit has to be tight enough to
stop what ever is being mixed/chopped from escaping.

My wife seems to break these lugs with regularity and then goes out
and buys another machine or replacement parts. Either way it's
costly.

Any suggestions including:

1) Rebuilding snapped off lugs
2) Lubricating the assembly
3) Techniques for smooth removal

and/or anything else that might work.

Buy Kenwood Chef or Magimix.

Incidentally, I like the wife I have. You probably likewise. Do all
wives have a tendency to force mechanical bits and break them? Small
price to pay for the love, companionship, and ....

Thank you for that.

Last night EQDSO broke yet another set of earphones and today I will
mostly be putting them back together again. (I keep a small stock of
replacement bits for this purpose.) But you helped me put it into
perspective. If the worst thing I have to complain about is repetitive
headphone destruction then I am a pretty lucky chap.

Nick

Get some 1920s headphones and no-one'll ever break them again.

Ditto Kenwood mixers. Get an older one and it will be built
like a tank.