Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Percentage of Americans owning guns

On 10/16/2020 1:01 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 09:16:08 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 10/16/2020 9:15 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/16/2020 5:25 AM, TimR wrote:
On Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 10:13:11 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

The Montana Shooting Sports Association estimated 23 firearms per
household. I always thought that was high or I'm a slacker. The firearm
ownership is supposed to be over 50% and that I could believe.

Molon labe, Joe.

On a per capita basis the US has one of the higher death rates from
firearms.

But on a per firearm basis, the US may be the safest country in the
world.Â* Fewer US firearms are ever used to kill anyone.

How many firearms does it take to kill one person? I always thought it
take many.

did not take many.

Pretty much the same as how many knives (1515 murders) or blunt
objects (443 murders) it takes.

The strange thing is you folks have your knickers in a knot about
"assault rifles" but more people are killed with bare hands (572) than
die from rifles, all kinds, including the "assault" ones (297).

Source 2018 FBI UCR
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

Then look at the numbers for mass murders. 1 person killing dozens
doesn't happen often with fists or knives.