Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Percentage of Americans owning guns

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 17:22:08 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...
nd other lies the media tells.

Here is the CBS article about it and this is what they say about
Florida
*******
Florida comes in at number 30, with 10.2 guns for every 1,000
residents. That's a staggering 199,828 registered firearms dispersed
among 19,552,860 people.
*******

OK so we have ~200,000 guns here. (hardy a staggering number) Why are
there 1.5 MILLION concealed firearm permits? That implies at least 1.5
million handguns in 1.5 million separate people's hands. Does anyone
else see a problem with this "study"? That wouldn't even include long
guns and Bob thinks we all have 30.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-heavily-armed-states-in-america/23/?ftag=ACQ449302a&vndid=5baa838be4b0867006a32067

What is a registered firearm ? Outside of machine guns and some few
other full automatic and special guns I don't know what would be
registered. Cbsnews says they are not counting pistols.

This just sounds like another bS artical.

Exactly but guys like Bob will cite it as gospel.