Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Flymo Leaf blower slider stuck/stickly

My elderly (well older than me anyway) neighbour has a Flymo Scirocco
Leaf Blower (2500w) which probably never has had a clean despite
regular autumn use.

He said it wasn't working and he was going to check the fuse (his
standard repair to all electrical items) but I offered to look at it
first as I suspected that it had probably just cut out.

It fires up fine but the slider for suck/blow is a bit of a sod to
move. I've opened up the motor housing and there is general lots of
crud inside and I thought if I could separate the barrel I could give
the slider a good clean and maybe a light smoothing over with emery
cloth but I can't get to it.

I've got a jar of screws I've manage to remove but I think the motor
housing hinge is the one that is stopping me.

Any tips as to how to free the slider up?

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?