Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Bending jigsaw blades

On Wednesday, 7 October 2020 at 16:51:28 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:
To cut the Celotex floor insulation into joist gap panels, I bought some of these jigsaw blades which should be good for up to 100mm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Profe.../dp/B000R5LTGC

Now the jigsaw is not one of my favourite tools so I have never owned an expensive one due to the little use I make of it. What I am finding is go slightly off line and the blade bends out and it is almost impossible to get a perpendicular cut over 1.2m in 75mm Celotex. Some of the reviews mentioned this and I was wondering if the problem is down to the blade having no set therefore not cutting a proper kerf or is it down to the jigsaw?

Richard

Well the answer to the OP is it was the jigsaw. Bought a decent Makita and tried a long cut on a length of the Celotex and the cut was true and straight and absolutely perpendicular. That is going to save a lot of grief doing some more floors and particularly when it comes to insulating my man cave.

Richard