Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Filler cap on bunded fuel oil tank.

In message , Bev
writes
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 18:50:08 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

No expense spared, a new 1200l bunded diesel storage tank has just
arrived in my barn.

Most of the assembly work is obvious but I am challenged by the
operation of the lockable inspection/filler cap. The logo shows partial
rotation followed by tipping up or lifting off. Reasonable force does
nothing!

Do you mean that you have to install the cap yourself? We had a new tank
(Harlequin) delivered a couple of months ago and it came with everything
already in place (including a remote level reader!).

Only assembly had to be from tap to pipe.

Bev. This is a farm so I won't be using the fill pipe provision. There
is a plastic lockable inspection/fill cover where I assume delivery
drivers will insert their nozzle.
I am nervous of applying more force than I have done without knowing
more about the operation. I will try fitting a G cramp across and rotate
that...

--
Tim Lamb