Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Where has all the Flu vaccine gone?

On 16 Oct 2020 at 11:51:14 BST, "T i m" wrote:

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 02:47:24 +0100, williamwright
wrote:

On 15/10/2020 21:53, T i m wrote:
So, I was still considering having my (first ever, at 63) flue jab,

Did the idea go up in smoke?

No ... just wasn't sure what the formal process was ... if there were
some lined up for us at out doctors surgery before looking to see the
best alternative.

Like, Mum had her and it was administered in the practice carpark, one
at a time in a three sided gazebo thing, that would be my ideal
solution.

My worst would be having to go *in* the surgery or our local Boots (as
it's also in a shopping centre).

I had weighed the non-vegan egg thing against the concept of the
potential of not (possibly) becoming a bigger burden on the NHS during
a pandemic (I'm sure they will develop a vegan version in the future
and of course we would go for that (even if it cost / cost more) in
the future.

*Personally*, I wouldn't bother to have it.

Cheers, T i m

Viruses will only grow in (suitable) cells. So in practice they are either
human or another animal. And the ethics of some human cell lines are a bit
dubious. Though not affecting vegans per se.

--
Roger Hayter