Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Laughing like a drain

On Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 4:23:13 PM UTC+1, williamwright wrote:
On 15/10/2020 15:56, Andy Burns wrote:
williamwright wrote:

One of my daughters was, as a small child, very keen on My Little Pony..

Maybe it was another daughter who flushed her sister's toy?

An enquiry along those lines is now in progress. Although it's a cold
case I think the gin will talk.

Bill

Many years ago on moving a washing machine it transpired the outlet pipe had been blocked and the water was flowing on to the floor. Because the floor was covered in vinyl floor covering the water was flowing beneath this and disguising the fault. By he time it was discovered the floor was well rotted and dry rot had set in on the joists.

The cause of the blockage was very simple. When the house was being built a wood screw had fallen down the upright washing machine outlet pipe. Over the years the tiny fibres from the clothes being washed had got trapped on this screw and eventually built up enough to cause the blockage. Had to remove half the floor to effect a repair.