Tom Miller

Default Urgent: Going to buy a house with water in crawlspace

On 22 Jun 2004 17:21:15 -0700, (Tom) wrote:

| Hi Experts,
|
| I need an your expert advise urgently. We are looking at purchasing a
| house. We had house inspection done. There was water in the
| crawlspace. The URL to the pictures is:

We have a French drain that works very well. It cost only a few
hundred dollars to build in 1982, but I have no idea what it would
cost now. Re-grading is the best solution, but generally not possible
unless you live alone on the prairie. We would have had to re-grade
the back yards of two of our neighbors along with our own. If the
water is from yard runoff, there is no way a sump pump will be able to
handle it.

http://www.geocities.com/tttwilson/