Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Can I link neutral from a 110v wire or receptacle to a 220v 3 wire to create a 4 wire oven range outlet?

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 23:12:35 -0700 (PDT), Daniel Wright
wrote:

Can I combine a neutral white wire from a 110v wire or receptacle with a 220v 3 wire to create a 4 wire oven range outlet? I want to install a powder coating oven in my shop. I got an oven for free and I've noticed that it has 4 wires. After much researching it appears to basically be a 220v 3 wire with an added neutral. My shop has 110v and 220v ... but of course the 220v is only three wire. It makes sense to me that I could use the neutral from the 110 to create a 4 wire 220v range outlet. But I hate electrons so someone please confirm or deny this. THANKS!

Daniel

Might ber POSSIBLE but not legal - and dubious safety