Posted to alt.home.repair
%%[_2_] %%[_2_] is offline

Default The Ten Percent Flat Tax

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 10/15/2020 2:49 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:

You claim that the current tax code is so bad, it "must be tossed".

Too high? Too complex? Unfair?

Surely you can't think taxes are too high? They've been lowered
way down into incredible deficit land already.

Somehow, all these years I've been paying my taxes not
noticing a problem. With the advent of computer assisted filing,
it's pretty easy. Back when I kept paper files and mailed in my
return it wasn't that hard either.

Fairness is a goal that can never be achieved. Trying to be
fair is one of the reasons our tax code is so complex.

Total fairness, no. Should Trump, or someone like him, only pay $750?
Too high? For some, others too low
Too complex? Why do some people need accountants and tax lawyers?
Unfair? For some, yes.

I have no complaints about the tax I pay and like you, easy to file. My
friend though, pays $5000 a year for an accountant.

And it would be completely stupid and completely
inequitable to dump the entire tax code and have
a flat tax code with no exceptions and no deductions
just to allow taxpayers to have a much simpler tax return.