Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Where has all the Flu vaccine gone?

T i m Wrote in message:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 22:06:57 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 21:53:28 +0100, T i m wrote:

So, the last time I tried to phone our surgery I started at 13 in the
queue and got though about an hour later ... only to be told I'd have
to phone again the next morning as all the 'call-you-back' virtual
appointments had been taken?

You don't need to "see" a Dr to get a flu jab.

Sorry, that was to make an appointment for the Mrs for her shoulder
pain (potentially arthritis, had several steroid injections in them
before but the last one didn't work).

Ours are done by the
parctice nurse.

Once you have got though and made an appointment though?

So, is the flu jab still relevant ... are they still doing it ...
assuming it hasn't all run out etc?

Still relevant, still doing it, there are localised "shortages" every
year.

Ok, thanks Dave, I'll get back on the phone in the morning and see
what's on offer (for both of us).

Cheers, T i m

"The majority of flu vaccines are manufactured using hen's eggs.
Depending on the reasons why someone has chosen to follow a vegan
diet, the flu vaccine may or may not be considered
appropriate."

Oh dear.
How sad.
Never mind.