Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave N[_5_] Dave N[_5_] is offline

Default Electrical safety requirements in a rental property

I've finally seen the report - 3 items as C2. It seems that the electrician couldn't see any bonding to the pipework (I bet there is somewhere, but couldn't say where. As far as I know the 17th edition regs required this, and there wasn't anything mentioned 5 years ago); the electrician's words about the lights are "lighting connection behind downlights downstairs are in connectors [sic]". No idea what he meant by this - choc blocks, perhaps (but new fittings also use these)? Perhaps they are loose? There are only two bedrooms upstairs, not even a bathroom, so fire rated lights would be recommended but as far as I know not mandatory. Finally "Cooker switch in wrong position". If I remember correctly the switch is well above the hob, doesn't have a socket and shows no sign of heat damage after over 30 years there. He also mentioned the 17th edition consumer unit as C3.