Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Schottky diode in SM PSU o/p?

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 08:35:12 -0700 (PDT), John-Del
wrote:

On Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 5:59:33 AM UTC-4, T i m wrote:

[2] Now to try and find out why our soup maker was working fine one
minute and then completely dead the next. ;-(

MOM?????

At 90+ she still seems to be plodding along g ... no, one of those
electric jobbies where you just chuck the ingredients and some water
in, press 'Chunky' or 'Smooth' and it beeps to tell you when it's done

Actually, since I mentioned it here I took it to bits, tested it in
bits (carefully, another SMPSU) it seemed to come to life and it still
seems alive now it's back together?

I couldn't see any dry / bad solder joints so will see how it goes and
if it dies again, check all the crimps / plugs / sockets out.

(I bought a disability scooter that was my Dads, back of a mate with a
fault and that turned out to be a connector within a multipole plug
had pushed though and was not making contact).

Cheers, T i m