Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Ten Percent Flat Tax

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 23:49:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/14/2020 10:21 PM, %% wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 10/14/2020 9:14 PM, Turd Ferguson wrote:

The Ten Percent Flat Tax

The present tax system is unfair.

The most serious fault with our present income tax system is that it
has so grossly unfair. Only half of our nations income sources are
being taxed so that the other half pays no taxes whatever. Our gross
domestic product (GDP) was over 7.2 trillion dollars in 1996 .(1).
Our present income tax system collects only 735 billion dollars or
about 10% of our nations income (1).

Steve?Â* Steve Forbes, is that you?Â* Still trying?

Makes sense

No it does not.

With some modification it does. IIRC the original Forbes plan had some
minimum before you paid anything. You can have it graduated to a
certain income level but eliminate all the other deductions. Could be
greatly simplified and be about 10 lines on a sheet of paper.

Forbes also made that tax around 19% after that threshold to get to
being revenue neutral. I think the OP is talking about a VAT tho.