Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Choice of jigsaw

On Thursday, 15 October 2020 at 15:42:11 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:
I have come to the conclusion I need a decent jigsaw so I am looking at
a Makita 4350FCT seems we€˜ll recommended available from Amazon for £130.
Can any one vouch for it or a better alternative in a similar price
range.

One question is Orbital or Pendulum action the same thing and what are
the pro€˜s and con€˜s of this.

Perhaps our US cousins didn't understand pendulum. To me something that
orbits goes round and round.

what about a (non random) orbital sander?
Would make an interesting jigsaw - although
have seen ones where the blade can be rotated off the straight ahead
position.

B&D made a thing of that at one time...
Pendulum describes it better - the blade moves forward when cutting and
backwards on the downstroke. And you'd be hard pushed to find one without
this action these days. But you should be able to switch it off for fine
cutting - or rather as fine as a jigsaw can manage.

Which in the case of that model, is actually surprisingly fine.
--
Cheers,

John.

Thank you gentlemen you have convinced me its the Makita 4350 FCT. Local Toolsatan has one at the same as the Amazon price so may nip down and pick it up.

Richard