Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Car lamp bases / LED replacement?

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 14:42:16 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
It sorta suggests it's polarized and if it is I can stick a blocking
diode in there or bridge (single diode less lossy), in case I or
someone connects it up backwards.

If a car bulb, it will already be protected against reverse connection.

Well, that's what I'd assumed but ignoring old +ve earth cars, most
dual contact lamps seem to be polarised to some degree because of the
bayonets and it wouldn't be an issue with single pin lamps?

On a couple of the eBay items I saw they had + and - marked on the
base connections, but that might have been indicating they were the
'live' connections, rather than contacts to cap etc.

Cheers, T i m