Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Laughing like a drain

williamwright explained on 15/10/2020 :
I'm temperamentally unable to put jobs off until the next day, so I filled
three mop buckets with hot water and tipped it down the three bogs. Each bog
has a separate pipe to the first inspection cover in the yard.

I am exactly the same, any failure and I'm on it. I only delay jobs
which need a coat of thinking about, before I get stuck in.

In the mid 80's, all of our cast-iron fall pipes were changed for new
plastic ones. In 2001, our upstairs bathroom began to back up, no flow
at all to the man hole it was supposed to drain into. I eventually
dislodged several pieces of broken cast-iron pipe, obviously left in
there from the mid 80's.