Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet Andy Bennet is offline

Default Dee Dah Dee Dah, not enough WIND !!

On 14/10/2020 20:08, Andrew wrote:
In the DT -

"The operator of Britain's electricity network warned late on Wednesday
afternoon that low wind levels had forced it to search for emergency
sources of power.

In a statement, the National Grid Electricity Systems Operator (ESO)
said: "Unusually low wind output coinciding with a number of generator
outages means the cushion of spare capacity we operate the system with
has been reduced."

..... and the problem is??

Provided we still have spare capacity it's a non-issue.

The deployment of additional HVDC interconnectors to international wind
and solar farms will solve the issue long term.