Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Fibre.

On 13/10/2020 20:38, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 20:27:12 UTC+1,
wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 09:17:05 UTC+1, polygonum_on_google
wrote:
How? When most ISPs simply WILL NOT handle FTTP.

Sky, TalkTalk, Vodaphone, Zen, apparently all do
https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broa...fttp-providers

as well as some lesser-known ones. Plusnet did a trial a while back
but no further news.

Openreach FTTP covers 3 million UK premises, which will hit 4.5
million by March 2021 and then they expect to cover 20m by the
"mid€“ to late-2020s" so there'll be a bigger market share fairly
soon.

Owain

At the time, Sky did not. Nor TalkTalk. Zen was more expensive.

You would expect premium tier ISPs to be more expensive than mass market
operators like BT, this is hardly news.

Plusnet didn't either - we used to have ADSL (appalling speed though
it was) through them and would have just allowed it to be switched
over. If they had done it..

On top of being less expensive, and would anyway have been our
choice, BT also had a substantial cashback offer at the time.

Each to their own. You would have to pay me to accept broadband from BT!

--
Cheers,

John.