Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Doorbell push indication?

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 17:08:56 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

The issue often is those who just hold their finger on the bell. The ting
noise would only sound when you took your finger off. I get this with my
door intercom.

It's how ours works as well but most people just seem to press it
'normally'.

Many years ago in Radio Constructor, somebody modified an ordinary door
knocker to operate a chime. It used a read switch and a magnet as I recall
and was probably far more complicated than you would want involving two
power supplies and a relay.

I was thinking there could be room for something driving a sounder,