Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fibre.

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 14:42:08 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

OR should I wait till fibre to premises becomes available?

Use the Wholesale checker to see if your exchange is listed for FTTP.
(Not FTTP on demand). If it's not, like ours, then your might be
waiting a while...

OpenReach just recently ran in fibre (and termination boxes) to all the
telephone poles in the street.

I found FTC a vast improvement. Not sure fibre all the way will be as
noticeable a change, though.

Depends what speeds your choosen ISP offer. Openreach install "1 Gbps
capable" FTTP, what you get depends on your ISP and how much you're
prepared to pay. B4RN, Gigaclear et al, install their own fibre and
provide their ISP at a nominal 1 Gbps.

I'll likely stick with BT as it's been the best of all I've had. And I
intend keeping a POTS line - still have one non cordless phone which
should work regardless of mains.

--
*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.