Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Fibre.

On 13/10/2020 12:34, charles wrote:
In article ,
AJH wrote:
Considering getting full fibre instead of FTC as I have at the moment.
Does the existing phone line stay, or does the new fibre cable include
provision for a basic analogue phone?

How long since you got fibre to the cabinet? I only have copper to the
house and it's 50 years old and just a screwed junction box , I am now
considering fibre to the cabinet as fibre to the premises is not
available, but wonder how noisy the last bit of copper is, I can hear a
hum on 17070 which I am sure degrades my ADSL connection.

i've had FTTC for about 3 years. The cabinet is about 100m away; feed is
mostly underground with the last bit overhead. That was re-installed after
the "Great Storm" of 1987. 70 up/20 down.

Or maybe even 70 Down, and 20 Up ?. Unless of course you live in the
cabinet :-)