Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Insulating around the supply cable

On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 at 07:56:31 UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I'd seriously doubt foam there on a short run of cable would make any
difference at all, indeed because its quite easy to dig out one would not
really have aan issue to get at the cable.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Monday, 12 October 2020 09:51:58 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:
My supply cable emerges out of the sub-floor and passes through an
approx. 50mm gap between the first joist and the wall. However the
run of the cable is not vertical due to the alignment between the
entry point and the cutout the alignment is approx. 150 - 200mm out
and the result is that the cable forms a lazy S in the space between
joist and wall. This makes sleeving impossible.

Move the cutout? :-)

Just squirty foam it and say it was like that when you moved in.

Owain

The latest, straight from the horses mouth, I got in touch with the DNO and their advice is not to use PU foam around the supply cable. So I will stuff the gap with some Rockwool on one side and I can get a bit of wood down the other side so I can fill that with PU and then a bit of judicious use of sealing tape should leave it insulated as best can and as air tight as possible. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Richard