Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Plastic lugs on kitchen appliances

On 13/10/2020 12:51, AnthonyL wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:35:33 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 12/10/2020 09:15, AnthonyL wrote:
Typically for small mixers and choppers the "bowl", usually clear
plastic, has three lugs which are rotated into plastic/rubber
recesses on the body. Obviously the fit has to be tight enough to
stop what ever is being mixed/chopped from escaping.

My wife seems to break these lugs with regularity and then goes out
and buys another machine or replacement parts. Either way it's
costly.

Any suggestions including:

1) Rebuilding snapped off lugs
2) Lubricating the assembly
3) Techniques for smooth removal

and/or anything else that might work.

Buy Kenwood Chef or Magimix.

There are a couple of Kenwood machines (not Chef) in the pantry. I
vaguely recall a Magimix but that's gone.

She wants something small just for chopping.

Incidentally, I like the wife I have. You probably likewise. Do all
wives have a tendency to force mechanical bits and break them? Small
price to pay for the love, companionship, and ....

There is no way the lugs can break in rotation unless being totally
forced, and strongly, the wrong way. But if the bowl is tilted in the
process that would do it and is what I suspect happens.

Buy a Magimix Mini Chopper. That's £50, but it's cheap compared to a
divorce.