Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic lugs on kitchen appliances

There are despite the unlikelyness of it, some people whom by merely being
in close proximity to devices, cause them to fail. I really do not know what
it is, whether its some kind of invisible disruptive field or what, but I
believe it exists.
I remember when I worked testing pcbs for tvs back in the 1960s, I could
go many months with no faults to the test gears cable looms and plugs. I go
on my holidays and the person doing my job would say, I don't know how you
cope, it kept on breaking down and I had to get the engineers in.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 12/10/2020 09:15, AnthonyL wrote:
Typically for small mixers and choppers the "bowl", usually clear
plastic, has three lugs which are rotated into plastic/rubber
recesses on the body. Obviously the fit has to be tight enough to
stop what ever is being mixed/chopped from escaping.

My wife seems to break these lugs with regularity and then goes out
and buys another machine or replacement parts. Either way it's
costly.

Any suggestions including:

1) Rebuilding snapped off lugs
2) Lubricating the assembly