Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Dewalt 625 - Squealing Router

On 10/12/2020 1:13 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 08:53:15 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/12/2020 1:07 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
wrote in
:

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 00:01:28 +0000, DazzaG
wrote:

I think I may have the same issue. How did you access the fan? I cant
remove the locking ring underneath so can only get to the fan from
above but theres not enough room to really do anything.

After 16 years, "It's dead, Jim."

I'm waiting for one of my old posts to appear. It'll be interesting to see
what someone is interested in that I probably forgot about 15 years ago.

Puckdropper

Or the one where I was attacked for defending the SawStop when it was
not yet a reality. LOL

It was never about SawStop, rather Gass' unethical rent seeking.
SawStop always made good hardware but at 2x the cost of competitor's
(2x my Unisaur). I wasn't about to give a dime to Stephen Gass.
Still wouldn't give him a drink of water of he were crawling naked
through the Sahara. OTOH, I'm rather pleased with green tools and
there really isn't much competition anymore. None that I can actually
touch anyway.

Wellllllll, What I remember, was about the saw that would make the
user too confident and that nothing would ever happen regardless of how
careless he would become.

Gass did try to have this mandated, his patent and saw.

And add that to the 198,999,757,959,445,444,237 other mandates that have
passed under our noses.

Seat Belts, anti lock brakes, air bags, auto insurance, taxes,
California cancer warning labels .......

The Sawstop was palatable compared to most.

I was not about to cut off my nose to spite my face or let my
principals/emotional feelings keep me from making an educated/safety
decision.

Anyway, I'm certain a little bit of every Festool sale goes towards
helping the parent company for paying Gass for SawStop. ;~0.