Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Bending jigsaw blades

alan_m wrote:
On 12/10/2020 15:56, Reentrant wrote:
On 10/10/2020 11:36, alan_m wrote:

Its another of those demonstration videos on youtube where it is made
to look easy because everything is square and uniform.

If you watch earlier Robin Clevett videos on this build you'll see why
everything is square and uniform.

Yes, on a self (new) build all his jigs work. Back in the real world
where nothing is square and uniform, especially on houses of a certain
era all of the demonstrated jigs etc. are not that practical for saving
time. While the product(s) he is demonstrating are good the main message
appears to be measure twice, cut once and don't bodge it and it could
save your time in the future.

In my experience new square.

Over the years we have lived in houses of many different eras, the
'squarest' on is actually (rather pleasantly) our present house which
was built some time aound 1930.

By far the worst was (well, is, actually, we still own it) a 1960s
built block of flats which is truly awful.

--
Chris Green
ยท