Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Insulating around the supply cable

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 02:45:34 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

My supply cable emerges out of the sub-floor and passes through an

approx. 50mm gap between the first joist and the wall. However the

run of the cable is not vertical due to the alignment between the
entry point and the cutout the alignment is approx. 150 - 200mm

out
and the result is that the cable forms a lazy S in the space

between
joist and wall. This makes sleeving impossible.

Fix some bits of wood to joist projecting to wall either side of the
incommer to form a box for it. Squirty foam outside of the box,
lightly stuff box with fibre glass insulation and ali tape over.

Presumably you're insulating under the floor, 50mm is wide enough for
celotetx to be installed. I'd avoid glueing the joist to wall with
squirty foam, even if the wall is dry. Some squirty foams are
porous...

Just squirty foam it and say it was like that when you moved in.

Hum, even with the remote chance that the foam will damage the cable
the though of a short on the incomer before the cutout doesn't sound
like a good idea.

--
Cheers
Dave.