Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic lugs on kitchen appliances

On 12/10/2020 09:15, AnthonyL wrote:
Typically for small mixers and choppers the "bowl", usually clear
plastic, has three lugs which are rotated into plastic/rubber
recesses on the body. Obviously the fit has to be tight enough to
stop what ever is being mixed/chopped from escaping.

My wife seems to break these lugs with regularity and then goes out
and buys another machine or replacement parts. Either way it's
costly.

Any suggestions including:

1) Rebuilding snapped off lugs
2) Lubricating the assembly
3) Techniques for smooth removal

and/or anything else that might work.

Buy bowls that are not clear plastic.

I have a blender that is glass bodied and needs no rotating, I don't
have a mixer, but if I did it would be stainless steel bowled.

Don't try and contravene nature.I bought 'the Ex' a Miehle ashing
machine on the principle even she couldn't break it.

Buy decent stuff- styrene crap is for the Sharons.

--
€œIdeas are inherently conservative. They yield not to the attack of
other ideas but to the massive onslaught of circumstance"

- John K Galbraith