Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default Trying to locate mating barrel plug / socket ... ;-(

On 11/10/2020 22:00, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 20:50:42 +0100, Lee
wrote:

Describes it as 8mm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_

Thanks again for looking Lee,

Whilst that looks the same sort of thing, I don't think it's it. If
you look back at the end of the lead on the charger I have here, it
would (take / plug into) something that looks like a standard laptop
barrel connector, with the centre pin in the laptop socket.

So this lead connects via the pin on the *charger* lead to a mating
hole in the socket (that must have internal connection) and the
charger lead goes *over* the scooter socket plastic core that needs an
external contact on it.

My charger lead plug looks like this:
https://ibb.co/pdK0jRS

The Ali Express charger lead looks like this:
https://ibb.co/RBC97TM

So this could work:
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000185...9e3771Y IaaJM

If the hole in the middle will take a 2.5mm OD pin.

The plastic boss in the middle is less than 8mm OD and has an
electrical connection on it.

The ID of the outer hole is greater than the 12.5mm OD of the outer
part of the plug on my lead (and it could be all of those, assuming
the lead you linked to isn't the natural partner for the socket). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

I see what you mean. Side by side, your one looks hopelessly custom