Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default chasing electrical boxes

In message , at 14:21:30 on Sat, 10
Oct 2020, alan_m remarked:

My BiL, when chasing out the party wall to take a cooker point hit rather
too hard and the next door neighbours . looking through the hole said "Will
you take your brick out of our bath."

A friend did similar with a cooker socket back box but on an internal
wall. There wasn't a hole but a bulge in the other side of the wall
where the plaster was held on only by the wall paper.

We've just had our bathoom refurbished (I didn't do the work myself) and
it turns out the old bath rim was set into a slot in the wall between
the bathroom and a bedroom. With only wallpaper on the bedroom side.
--
Roland Perry