Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default chasing electrical boxes

On 10/10/2020 11:24, charles wrote:

My BiL, when chasing out the party wall to take a cooker point hit rather
too hard and the next door neighbours . looking through the hole said "Will
you take your brick out of our bath."

A friend did similar with a cooker socket back box but on an internal
wall. There wasn't a hole but a bulge in the other side of the wall
where the plaster was held on only by the wall paper.

I found by cutting the outline grooves with a multi-tool first that I
didn't need to hit the wall square on to remove the waste. With a long
handled Srutch chisel I was hitting the brick sideways at an angle 30
degrees to the horizontal.