Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Schottky diode in SM PSU o/p?

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 03:31:22 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
wrote:

T i m wrote:

----------------

I found the spec somewhere that suggested it was a 2A 1000V (?) device
and I have a couple of questions please?

** That cannot be a Schottky.

Oh?

The highest voltage available is about 200V.

The eBay listing suggested it was a 'Axial Lead Schottky Diode HER208
Ultra-fast Recovery Diode MIC 2A1000V DO-15' so maybe it was wrong /
misleading?

** The HER208 is a fast recovery silicon diode, not a Schottky.

As I was looking back into it that's what I surmised Phil.

I've ordered the right thing now that should be here soon and I'll let
the group know how I get on.

If it's not that there isn't much else outside the CR6338T. ;-)

Initially I was just going to look for a generic 20V, 400mA PSU but
thought I'd open this one up just to see if there was anything
obvious.

Cheers, T i m