Michael Chare

Default New lock

"Angela" wrote in message
I want to replace my front door lock (uPVC door) with a new lock that
has a turn knob for the inside rather than having to use the key to
lock it, and a normal key lock for the outside. It is a euro type
cylinder. I have looked in B&Q and couldn't see one like that. My
neighbour got a locksmith to do it and paid a fortune for the
privilege!! It is such a simple job I want to DIY................can
anyone suggest a supplier online. I have looked at
www.locksonline.com but because I need an 85cm long one (slightly
longer would be ok) I was wondering if there was anyone any
cheaper/better?

http://www.lockcentre.com/popup.cfm?p_n=94140&p_i=94140

If not try http://www.lockcentre.com and do a search on Euro

Changing the cylinder is quite easy. There is a long screw which you have to
undo. The screw is accessible when the door is open (i.e. is in the edge of the
door). The head of the screw will be just below the deadlock. You may have to
remove a plate first - undo two small screws first

When you have removed the long screw you can just push the Euro cylinder out.

Michael Chare