Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default chasing electrical boxes

On 09/10/2020 19:45, R D S wrote:
On 09/10/2020 17:17, alan_m wrote:

Cutting the back box outline to a depth of 35mm+ probably took 10x
longer than with a angle grinder but possibly saved 10x the time
cleaning up the dust afterwards.

I've some to do, how long roughly?

(I get that my mileage may vary)

Probably 30 minutes to cut 3 metres of outline to average depth of
around 30mm (35mm+ for the back boxes). Possibly about the same to
knock out the waste with the chisel. I wasn't particularly in a hurry
and was attempting to achieve a neat result, which I did. I found some
way into the job that repeatedly removing the blade from the slot (with
the multi-tool still running) removed debris and was actually faster
than trying to cut a longer part of the outline slot without
withdrawing the blade. I was running the multi-tool at its slowest speed.

What I found helpful was to first make a shallow outline slot of maybe
5mm depth all around the area to be cut out before plunging in the tool
to get a deeper slot