Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scope of wiring regs SELV

My common sense approach is that if it is carrying high current, or is able
to then yes, if its not ie aerials network cables etc, then no.
It always needs thicker wire for low voltage in any case, since the voltage
drop will be very big otherwise. I remember an experiment. I ran a car radio
on a 12v supply and put a bulb on the supply at the radio end. If I used a
photo transistor amplified and looked at the bulb you could not hear a thing
on a short lead, but even just 1metre of cable was enough to allow you to
hear distorted sound coming from the bulb.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
If I install extra-low voltage wiring, such as bell wire, ethernet,
transducer
wiring, 12V power supplies for radios or similar, am I obliged to follow
the
latest wiring regs, specifically about metal clips to stop the wire
getting in
the way if its supports melt?

If this is out of scope of the regs, does it come into scope if a) it is
done
as part of a mains wiring installation or b) it is done by a qualified
electrician?

--
Roger Hayter