Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Bending jigsaw blades

On 7 Oct 2020 at 21:09:16 BST, "jkn" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 9:03:35 PM UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 16:59:42 +0100, newshound wrote:

To cut the Celotex floor insulation into joist gap panels, I

bought
some of these jigsaw blades which should be good for up to 100mm.

Once you put any sideways force on a jigsaw blade it will bend and you
won't get a square cut any more.

+1
Cut by hand using a panel saw?

+1

Or score and snap. Works at 25 mm not tried 75 mm that might be to
thick or require to much force over a too long a distance.

--
Cheers
Dave.

I used an old bread knife - works well.

+1 - I've just cut up a load of 50mm celotex for some between joists flooring,
takes seconds to do an accurate cut. I've found the best way is not to cut all
the way through - do it to about 90% then 'snap' the board and break the uncut
foil with the knife. Bit like cutting plasterboard.

--
Cheers, Rob