Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Inline Extractor Fan

On 08/10/2020 13:39:49, Andrew wrote:
Is it better that it is positioned close to the inlet vent or close to
the outlet? Better or pushing or pulling air around?

I would suggest noise should be the deciding factor.

Noise is best kept at the source and not above a bedroom. Power may also
be another consideration.

I'm not convinced position is significant. If there is a choice then
away from any bends. Condensation may also be a factor where moisture
will condense and pool, sometimes in the motor housing.

For that reason I might be in favour of combined vent/motor combinations
in the affected room rather than an inline fan. Access is also more
convenient with less joins.

YMMV