The Natural Philosopher

Default Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

IMM wrote:

"G&M" wrote in message

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
. ..

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:23:07 +0000, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

This show tonight was the nadir of Property Ladder.

Nadir or zenith ?

I think it's also a nadir of British society if a grotty two bedroom

terrace

is London is now worth near to half a million pounds. You can buy a five
bedroom detached house, 10 acres of land and a barn larger than that whole
terrace house (upstairs and down) within commuting distance of Manchester.
And I mean easy commuting, not the up to two hours there and again back I
gather some people down there do.

Where was that house? What area of London? The sort that buy those houses
generally also have a house in country.

How little you know of life!

When is this government going to decentralise,
starting with the thing it
can influence - the civil service.

Great idea. Get all the departments out of London. They started in the 1970s
but Thatcher stopped it: Social Security at Newcastle, DVLA in Swansea, etc.

There's a place waiting for you in Cuba, IMM.